Lets face it, we all feel lost once in a while, I am pretty guilty of that right now. Doing that whole “WHY AM I HERE?!” thing. You know the one where you doubt your entire existence and you’re a total drama queen about it? Yeah, that’s me right now.
I keep thinking about all of the things I want to do in my life and how much I feel like I’ll never reach them and I have decided I really need to stop thinking like this because the future hasn’t happened yet so how can I say “This will never happen!”
So to encourage myself I have decided to make a list of things, be it silly, ridiculous, outrageous, or even boring I am going to write them down so that if I ever start forgetting about what I’m doing with my life I can read this back and go.. “Oh yeah, I’m not so lost after all!”
Let me know what you guys want to do with your life? How do you remember the path you wanted to take when you felt lost in the deep dark woods of the world?
***NOTE TO FUTURE KATIE. DO NOT FORGET THIS OR I’LL HUNT YOU DOWN…Well…you know if they’ve made time travel possible while i’m still alive I guess?***
Learn lots of new things including;
- At least 3 new language
- Cook meals that are popular in other countries but not ours
- Lots of science things
- How to be a ‘people-person’
- Yoga/ meditation.
Experience new places;
- Fly over New York at night.
- Go to a really organised, clean, tidy, German library.
- Go to the Brugge Christmas market.
- Go and see Tokyo Tower/ General Tokyo.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Hear/ see Niagra Falls.
- Play in Central Park.
- Find secret forests/ beaches.
Experience this lot too;
- Kiss under water. (I need to also get over my fear of being under water for this)
- Find magical underwater caves.
- Cuddle a Lion.
- Get Married/ Have Children.
- Sing on a stage (in front of people– for those of you who don’t know me… THIS IS A BIG DEAL.)
- Write a Childs book.
- Learn how to make clothes. (this one with my lack of coordination is most likely to be a ‘not-very-well-made-hat’ kind of deal.)
- Fly a plane/ helicopter/ hot air balloon.
- Sky dive (someone will most likely have to push me)
- Discover that Phoenix’ were in fact real (again, those of you who know me know that this is a big deal too…because apparently I’m not very smart.)
- Love for myself.
- Get a dog and call it dog because I am un imaginative.
- Get a cat and call it squishes.
- Make my own flavour of Ice cream.
- Believe in myself.
- Get the management job I’ve been wanting.
- Push myself to run every morning again.
- Never say a bad word about anyone (this one is how I used to be, so this will be interesting)
- Visit really cool pubs.
- Drive through different countries with no plans and just stay wherever we feel like.
- See The Northern Lights.
Basically I want my life to be full of adventures and fun. I want to look back when I’m on my last legs and laugh about the mistakes I made and reminisce as I think about the laughs I had. I want to remember “that time” when I did something stupid (this is most likely going to be a long list). I want to be able to look at my children and tell them about my adventures so that when they grow up they want to do their own. I want to experience the world how I think we all should.
So I’ll tell myself now. Do NOT give up. Let me do this.